Re: RM bitcoin from squeeze-backports; RoM

On Mon, 08 Apr 2013, Scott Howard wrote:

> Hello,
> Please remove bitcoin from squeeze-backports.
>
> 1) bitcoin is not in wheezy so there is no upgrade path
> 2) the package contains security vulnerabilities and will be
> incompatible with the bitcoin network after May 15, 2013.
>
> When a bitcoin package is in jessie we can consider a backport to wheezy.
Ok, please write an announcement like the Postgres announcement [1] a few
days ago and submit it to debian-backports-announce@lists.debian.org.

I'll do the removal short after te announcement.

Thanks in advance

Alex

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports-announce/2013/04/msg00000.html