pygments-1.6 backports

Hi,

First excuse me if I am taking the wrong approach, I really don't know what is the right procedure for requesting a backport.

I am the author of OpenCobolIDE. I recently uploaded a series of debian packages on my ppa. One of my users told me that he could install those packages successfully on a pure debian Wheezy installation but couldn't run the software due to an outdated pygments installation. OpenCobolIDE uses the OpenCobol pygments lexer which was introduced in pygments-1.6.

Currently debian Wheezy only have pygments 1.5. In principle this prevents us to use OpenCobolIDE in a pure Wheezy environment, i.e if we want to avoid to use the testing repository.
A user can pin down all other packages from testing to avoid upgrade mistakes. Doable of course, but not elegant.

Would it be possible to consider backporting pygments-1.6 for debian Wheezy?

I'm looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards,

Colin Duquesnoy