Re: Backporting of python-zmq

also sprach Joe Healy <joehealy@gmail.com> [2013.09.08.1538 +0200]:
> My understanding is that backports are built against other backports,
> but I have not yet witnessed it personally.

This is not the case. Backports are built against stable as much as
possible. If you need a backport, you have to version the
build-dependency.

> My sponsor (Martin Krafft) is able to, but where possible would
> prefer the package maintainer to do so.

(it just seems to make more sense…)

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"all i know is that i'm being sued for unfair business
 practices by micro$oft. hello pot? it's kettle on line two."
                                                  -- michael robertson