Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> writes:

> I think to everyone who spends 5 minutes to read the docs, adding
> --debbuildopts '-sa -v0.1-2' is easy enough, and this requirement is
> reasonable. I know I read d-d-changes to find out what’s going on often
> enough myself.

The problem that I have is that I build packages all the time, and for
most of them I'm uploading to unstable and don't ever use the -v flag.
Adding the -v flag is easy enough; *remembering* to add the -v flag is a
lot harder.

In general, computers are better at remembering things than I am, so I
like to find ways to let computers remember things for me.  Most of my
backports I do via a script that requires I provide the -v flag, to make
me remember, but that doesn't catch the more complicated backports that I
can't script and need to manage as separate Git branches.