Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

> You'll have to build the package in a stable+backports build environment
> anyway, so the problem can be solved with the data of "apt-cache policy"
> or similar. If there's a backported package: You have the
> last version number. It there's no backported package: Take the version from
> stable.

That won’t work at all: the previous backported package may
not yet have arrived in the archive or not be built for that
platform.

I think to everyone who spends 5 minutes to read the docs,
adding --debbuildopts '-sa -v0.1-2' is easy enough, and
this requirement is reasonable. I know I read d-d-changes
to find out what’s going on often enough myself.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH