Re: Iceweasel in Squeeze and security

On 29-06-13 08:06, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 06/27/2013 06:08 AM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> On 26-06-13 21:38, Jens Schüßler wrote:
>>
>>> What is worse if you get right that 17.0.7esr-1~bpo60+1 through
>>> deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-esr
>>> in your sources.list?
>>>
>>> What is the so unofficial part in the Debian Mozilla Maintainer Team that
>>> I should not trust the packages from that repository, but the build from debian.org
>>> repository, made by the very same people?
>>
>> I am sceptical when it's not on the official site for backports. Maybe
>> it's completely automacally build without any testing.
>>
>> What's the reason not to put it on the official site when it's OK?
>>
>> Is the next step that we must get many backports from sites of the
>> maintainers?
>
> I really agree with you. The situation should be fixed IMO as well. And
> probably a security announce should be published about the stop of
> support for Iceweasel 3.x in old-stable.

There was a security announcement about that:
http://www.debian.org/security/2013/dsa-2716

But in my opinion this could be done better with a real announcement,
and with some "not supported" tag. Now you have to look at the security
messages before you know if a package is supported.

For Chromium there where such messages too.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl