Re: Backport of schroot

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012, Roger Leigh wrote:

> (1.4.19-1+squeeze2)³⁴.  But since backports already has a
> later release, I'd prefer to upload the most recent stable
> release, which would be 1.4.27-1~bpo60+1⁵.

But backports don’t work like that…

> while the 1.4.x releases have.  Additionally, there are
> some changes to the configuration file options (some
> additional and some deprecated and obsoleted options).

… the idea is that backports are based on Debian testing,
not stable, and so, that is to be expected. And the code
being tested should occur in testing, not in the backport,
which normally is unproblematic (and backport-specific
issues being found by the packager before upload to bpo).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant