Re: backport request

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012, Rodney wrote:

Hi,

> Please don't top post to the list.
>
> Have any of you interested parties checked to see if the Wheezy
> version is installable on Squeeze in which case it wouldn't be a
> candidate for a backport?
A few months ago I tried to backport mumble. I would say I am a little bit
experienced in creating backports and I can only say its a nightmare to
backport.

It has a bunch of complicated dependencys that all needs backporting.

> As well as posting a request here another avenue to explore would be
> to contact the Debian maintainers of the package to see what they
> think, they might not routinely follow the list
I talked to the maintainer during my backport try and he is sharing my
opinion. Backporting mumble is far from being easy.

Alex - Debian Backports ftpmaster