Re: [Pkg-openssl-devel] Backporting OpenSSL 1.0.1c

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 03:23:03PM +0200, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> >
> > > Of course, the command 'openssl' refers to the new library, but all
> >
> > You know that that is harmful, right?
> >
> > (The values output by openssl x509 -noout -hash have changed.)
>
> The c_rehash until was changed to output both hashes.  See
> #611102.

That is not the same, though, but I guess it’ll do for ca-certificates.
And stuff not packaged in Debian just won’t mix with it then. I know
I’ve added version checks to my scripts.

Still, somehow the package creep in bpo after the first few months
makes me uneasy sometimes… so please excuse me looking closely.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant