Re: [Pkg-openssl-devel] Backporting OpenSSL 1.0.1c

Hi Bastian,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:27:33AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>> If safe co-installation isn't possible I probably won't accept the
>> backport.
>
> See #668600. No answer in the bug report nor the changelog why this
> breaks is really needed. My interpretation: openssh had a check for the
> openssl version and bailed out. However none such version is supported
> in Debian.

Thanks for the reference! In fact, I've remove the Break line, test
the installation of openssl and libssl1.0.0 and they co-exist just
fine with the stable libssl. Backporting openssh is a pain, given it
b-depends on an higher dpkg than the ones in stable.

Of course, the command 'openssl' refers to the new library, but all
the softwares liked to libssl/crypto 0.9.8 still work just fine (as I
expected): I tested apache SSL, dovecot with IMAPS/POP3S and
SMTPS/STARTTLS on exim and they works fine.

You can find the package for now in:
http://people.debian.org/~morph/openssl-bpo60/ - comments are really
welcome, in particular if it's a worth/acceptable upload to bpo.

Cheers,