Re: using pbuilder to backport packages

On 05/02/2012 04:48 PM, Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Andreas Beckmann <debian@abeckmann.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just tried and successfully rebuilt sox/unstable in an amd64
>> squeeze+squeeze-backports pbuilder. I didn't need any pinning nor any
>> tuning in .pbuilderrc that should influence backports handling (e.g.
>> non-default dependency solver).
> Uh oh. I am using pbuilder from sid, self-compiled (0.210).
> It's x86 (32-bit).
>
> /root/.pbuilderrc:
> APTCACHEHARDLINK=no
> COMPRESSPROG=pigz
>
> /etc/pbuilderrc:
> MIRRORSITE=http://ftp.lt.debian.org/debian
> PBUILDERSATISFYDEPENDSCMD=/usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends-experimental
>
> tried building without MIRRORSITE (which shouldn't change anything
> anyway), same.
>
> Here is the output of pbuilder --dumpconfig:
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/962506/
>
>> I'm using pbuilder 0.210 from wheezy, but there should be 0.210~bpo60+1
>> available, too. I remember there were some problems (w.r.t sid chroots?
>> backports? experimental? I don't remember ...) with the pbuilder version
>> in squeeze.
> Well.. I wonder what are the other mine and yours configuration
> differences. How exactly did you add backports repositories in
> chroot'ed sources.list? Did you add deb-src as well? Any apt
> preferences modified?
>
> Thanks,
> Motiejus Jakštys

Hi.

I use a fully customized pbuilderrc (made from ideas found around the
web) to use squeeze-backports when I build in squeeze (99% of the time
when I build for squeeze is for squeeze-backports). I also use
qemu-debootstrap, because I build packages for arm based devices.

it does a lot of things (also detecting if a distribution is available
from a repository), it's available here :
https://github.com/davromaniak/scriptomaniak/blob/master/pbuilderrc

It's still needs more work, mostly because I use it regularly and I find
issues or enhancement ideas as I use it.

The next enhancement I would like to add, is being able to specify a
"xxx-backports" DIST, to use "xxx" with its backports.

Thanks.

--
Cyril "Davromaniak" Lavier
KeyID 59E9A881