Re: using pbuilder to backport packages

Hi,

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 02:38:53PM +0100, Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
> I want to backport sox using pbuilder. It depends on libavcodec-dev >=
> 4.0.6, when 4.0.8 is in debian-backports.
> However, pbuilder fails to use the version in backports. How can I
> make it do that?
>
> I added debian-backports repository to the build chroot and updated.
> However, it does not see the packages there.
> I asked for pbuilder guys, they advised to use another
> pbuilder-satisfydepends-something_else[1]. Maybe there is a better way
> to do it (backport packages that have dependencies which are already
> backported)? I suspect you, backporters, *must* have come into this
> situation.

By default backported packages have a priority of -1, so they are not
considered.

To make pbuilder consider them, I use this in my /etc/pbuilderrc:
PBUILDERSATISFYDEPENDSCMD=/usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends-experimental

You also have to add backports to your sources (you did it), and
possibly install the 'debian-backports-keyring' package.

Cheers!
Sylvain