Re: are packages installable from testing accepted into bpo?

Thijs Kinkhorst schrieb am Montag, den 23. April 2012:

> Hi all,
>
> I was asked to sponsor an upload to squeeze-backports for a package
> currently in testing. I remembered that once a requirement existed for bpo
> that a package should only be uploaded to bpo if it isn't installable from
> testing directly (i.e., via pinning).
>
> We found that this was indeed mentioned, but that was over 5 years ago[1].
> Also, current rules do not list this requirement[2], and some recent
> backports we checked were in fact installable from testing aswell.
>
> Is it ok to assume that this requirement no longer holds?
It depends :). We don't like it if simple standalone packages that work
without problems with pinning are uploaded. But if the package is interesting
enough, or part of a dependency chain uploading is fine.

Alex
--
Alexander Wirt, formorer@formorer.de
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A