Re: archived lenny-backports signature expired

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 11:18:35AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> [2012-04-04 10:45:39 CEST]:
> > The signature on the Release file of the archived version of lenny-backports
> > has expired:
> >
> > E: Release file expired, ignoring http://archive.debian.org/debian-
> > archive/backports.org/dists/lenny-backports/Release (invalid since 3d 20h 4min
> > 30s)
> >
> > Can this be fixed?
>  I don't think so that it will make sense.  This is an archive and thus
> contains historical information.  Having to update signatures every now
> and then so that expiry dates gets extended doesn't make sense for an
> archive; it's archived for a reason.

This is different from key expiry. It's the Release file flag for "consider
this invalid if there hasn't been a new copy within a week or two".  (Cannot
check at the moment.)  I don't think that flag makes sense for archived
releases.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern