Re: icinga-idoutils does not work out of the box

Hajo Möller schrieb am Tuesday, den 03. January 2012:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Squeeze with the intention to create a monitoring box.
> After installing icinga and icinga-idoutils by running
>
> "apt-get -t squeeze-backports install icinga icinga-core icinga-doc
> icinga-idoutils"
>
> Icinga refuses to start up:
>
> "Error: Template 'local-service' specified in service definition could
> not be not found (config file
> '/etc/icinga/objects/ido2db_check_proc.cfg', starting on line 10)"
>
> I checked the installed documentation, which makes no mention of
> /usr/share/doc/icinga-common/examples/template-object/templates.cfg.gz
> or of having to copy template definitions from that file into your own
> configuration files.
>
> templates.cfg.gz redefines templates which have been installed into
> /etc/icinga/objects/ by default, so I don't think
>
> "zcat templates.cfg.gz > /etc/icinga/objects/templates.cfg"
>
> is a good idea.
sed -i -e 's/local-service/generic-service/' \
 /etc/icinga/objects/ido2db_check_proc.cfg

also does the trick.

> What is the procedure to get Icinga to work with IDOUtils, when
> installing from Backports? Am I supposed to manually add the required
> templates to my own or the already supplied configuration files?
No, it should just work out of the box. And the borken file has nothing to do
with the configuration of idoutils, its just an example check if ido2db runs.

> Also, is there some documentation which shows the "correct" way how to
> get the packages to work? I haven't found any.
Everything should just work, or debconf asks you the needed questions. What
are you missing?

Alex