Re: Backport request: activemq

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:04:03 +0200, Tom De Vylder <tom@penumbra.be> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Tom,

> Is there anyone who'd like to volunteer for an ActiveMQ backport?
> By the looks of it it's a rather trivial package to backport. I'd be
> willing to do it myself but I'm not a Debian maintainer, so I don't have
> dupload access.

You can always prepare everything (in a Git cloned repository) and then
send a global "backport-patch" to maintainer (me :) or
just request access to debian pkg-java team git where you can push your
changes.

> A target audience for this backport would be the Puppet / MCollective
> communities.
> However I'm sure a number of other communities would benefit greatly
from
> having this package available.

With my activemq maintainer's hat on, I would like to way a bit for more
testing time before backporting it to squeeze :
right now, it seems there is only 8 people Voting for activemq on
popcon... But you can still prepare this package in advance :)

[1] http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=activemq

Cheers,
--
Damien