Re: please backport iceowl-extension, calendar-google-provider & l10n packages

Am 02.10.2011 18:20, schrieb Roel Hendriksen:
Johannes, you are talking about the mozilla.debian.net backports, right?

Well, no, actually. The icedove 3.1 backport in backports.d.o also lacks l10n packages and is not accompanied by a matching lightning / iceowl & google calendar provider. Fortunately, I grabbed the matching version from experimental a while back at it works, however, it would certainly be more convenient to have a package deal (or to have lightning finally integrated into thunderbird as was announced many years ago)

I share your thoughts about the l10n packages. After getting an upgrade through backports, always a check for l10n consistency is needed, and should always be installed from the unstable or experimental repo's.
Actually, I have come to install the l10n xpis from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org, as this is faster and easier than manually finding, downloading and installing the debs.

Backporting the applicable l10n packages would be great!

And it shouldn't be complicated to accomplish..

Thanks,

Johannes

Roel