Re: RFS: conky (backported package)

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 15:37, Vincent Cheng <vincentc1208@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Aron Xu <happyaron.xu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, FTBFS in Squeeze amd64 chroot:
>>
>> checking for Xft... yes
>> checking NVCtrl/NVCtrl.h usability... no
>> checking NVCtrl/NVCtrl.h presence... no
>> checking for NVCtrl/NVCtrl.h... no
>> configure: error: NVCtrl/NVCtrl.h header not found
>> make: *** [config-stamp] Error 1
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
>
> I can't reproduce this in a squeeze VM, and I don't understand why
> conky would FTBFS as above; nvidia-settings in squeeze contains the
> header file that conky needs, and installs it in the same location
> (/usr/include/NVCtrl/NVCtrl.h) as libxnvctrl-dev in sid.

Sorry, it was something wrong on my side, I tried to rebuild a new
base.tgz today and then it builds fine. I see the package looks good,
so I've just uploaded it.

> I would try to build conky in a squeeze chroot instead, but pbuilder
> just doesn't want to cooperate with me at the moment...
> $ sudo pbuilder create --distribution squeeze
> [...]
> I: cleaning the build env
> I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//17984 and its subdirectories
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/cache/pbuilder/build//17984/proc':
> Device or resource busy
> rmdir: failed to remove `/var/cache/pbuilder/build//17984': Directory not empty
>
> Is there an alternative way to create a working squeeze chroot?

This is caused by a recently fixed debootstrap bug IIRC, there are two
ways may help you:
1. Use the latest version of deboostrap and pbuilder from Sid.
2. Use cdeboostrap instead of debootstrap and pass "--debootstrap
cdebootstrap" to pbuilder.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu