Re: RFS: conky (backported package)

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Aron Xu <happyaron.xu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 13:31, Vincent Cheng <vincentc1208@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my backported package "conky"; the
>> current version in testing fixes numerous bugs that can be found in
>> squeeze's version of conky.
>>

> libxnvctrl-dev does not exist in Squeeze, neither main nor contrib, so
> this package will FTBFS on buildd, please consider fixing this and ask
> for sponsorship again.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Aron Xu

Conky build depends on libxnvctrl-dev | nvidia-settings, so it builds
fine on Squeeze since nvidia-settings is available and contains the
headers that conky needs (I just tried building conky with a Squeeze
VM and it worked fine). As an aside, it also builds fine on Ubuntu,
where libxnvctrl-dev doesn't exist either.

- Vincent