Re: apache2 lenny backup crashes

On 30 Jun 2011, at 07:01, Patrick Valsecchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was interested in the SNI feature for name base SSL virtual hosts in apache.
> So I needed a fresher version of apache than the one available in Lenny. I
> found one in Debian backports, so I've installed it. Since then, apache
> crashes (coredump of a child /usr/sbin/apache2 process) each time I go to a
> location where mod-auth-mysql is used.
>
> I guess this is because the libapache2-mod-auth-mysql (I have version
> 4.3.9-11) has not been backported and this module is not compatible with the
> version 2.2.16-6+squeeze1~bpo50+1 of apache. And I fear it's not the only
> apache module that has this problem.

The issue with backporting modules like this one is that they depend on two packages that are in backports, but a user may very well not want to use backported versions of both.

The surest approach would be to get the source package and rebuild against the relevant apache2 -dev. If that doesn't appeal, if you install libmysqlclient16 from backports, then you can probably use the updated module package straight from Squeeze.