apache2 lenny backup crashes

Hi,

I was interested in the SNI feature for name base SSL virtual hosts in apache.
So I needed a fresher version of apache than the one available in Lenny. I
found one in Debian backports, so I've installed it. Since then, apache
crashes (coredump of a child /usr/sbin/apache2 process) each time I go to a
location where mod-auth-mysql is used.

I guess this is because the libapache2-mod-auth-mysql (I have version
4.3.9-11) has not been backported and this module is not compatible with the
version 2.2.16-6+squeeze1~bpo50+1 of apache. And I fear it's not the only
apache module that has this problem.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.