Re: BinNMUing squeeze in squeeze-backports?

I knew I was forgetting something…

Julien Cristau <julien@cristau.org> (24/06/2011):
> and xserver-xorg-video-nouveau, surely?

… I got distracted while searching for the reason we couldn't backport
it (needs newer X server), so it was left out yeah.

> > Backporting libdrm to squeeze means no longer providing with the
> > libdrm-nouveau1 package, and providing libdrm-nouveau1a instead.
> >
> Or, you could back out the ABI-breaking nouveau changes.

I might try and do that yeah.

> > This means plymouth becomes uninstallable, since it depends on the
> > former. BinNMUing makes it build successfully against the latter. That
> > was done in unstable already, I guess it's 1. feasible, and 2. wanted to
> > do so in squeeze-backports as well, so that plymouth is installable along
> > new libdrm. Thoughts?
> >
> I don't think it's reasonable/feasible.  backports.d.o doesn't carry the
> source for that package, so you'd need a source upload.

Ack.

Thanks.

Mraw,
KiBi.