Re: Libre Office Transitional packages

Does that answer your question?  If not, we surely need to tweak that
paragraph ;)

So I tried the procedure and got the following:

lilserver:~# aptitude install -t squeeze-backports libreoffice
Couldn't find package "libreoffice", and more than 40
packages contain "libreoffice" in their name.
Couldn't find package "libreoffice", and more than 40
packages contain "libreoffice" in their name.
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

Could it be that libreoffice isn't ready yet for PowerPC?

lilserver:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
cpu		: 7447A, altivec supported
clock		: 1249.999995MHz
revision	: 1.2 (pvr 8003 0102)
bogomips	: 83.24
timebase	: 41620997
platform	: PowerMac
model		: PowerMac10,1
machine		: PowerMac10,1
motherboard	: PowerMac10,1 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as	: 287 (Mac mini)
pmac flags	: 00000010
L2 cache	: 512K unified
pmac-generation	: NewWorld
Memory		: 1024 MB
lilserver:~#

Here's my sources.list:

lilserver:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
#

deb http://debian.lcs.mit.edu/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.lcs.mit.edu/debian/ squeeze main contrib non- free

deb http://ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/  squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp3.nrc.ca/debian/  squeeze main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non- free

# deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib non-free deb http://debian.lcs.mit.edu/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free deb-src http://debian.lcs.mit.edu/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free

# For instructions on getting stuff from backports see
#       http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/
deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main contrib non-free

lilserver:~#