Re: Banshee and Gwibber

[ Adding Kartik Mistry to the CC list ]

Hi all!

Am 03.06.2011 06:37, schrieb Noah Duffy:
> Are there any kind souls that could maybe package the latest Banshee
> (2.0.1) and maybe a newer version of Gwibber that actually works?  I
> know Debian is supposed to be stable, but Gwibber won't even connect
> to Twitter because it doesn't support the authorization changes.
[..]
> Also, I have attempted to compile Gwibber, but that just didn't work
> out at all.

I just take a quick look at gwibber, and - in theory - that would be an
easy backport.  For now just recompiling in a squeeze chroot works very
well.  (Note:  I didn't check twitter, but identi.ca seems to work
pretty fine.)

However, there's one problem:  Stable and testing currently contain the
same version, and the unstable version has an release critical bug, so
won't migrate. As it is backports policy is to only allow backports from
testing, backporting gwibber remains theory for now.

Kartik, as you are the maintainer of the Debian packages, would you be
interested in also providing backports?  If not, I would be happy to
step in here, as I use gwibber myself.

> And, if these never make it into backports, should I just install
> them from testing?

See above:  Using testing won't solve your problem for gwibber.

Best regards,
  Alexander