Re: How about a db 5.1.25 backport

On 2011-05-22 Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> wrote:
> On 22.5.2011, at 14:41, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
[...]
> > Just for reference: I do not plan on backporting db5.1 anymore. Since I
> > am going to improve exim's bdb handling I do not have a strong
> > motivation for a db backport anymore

> Cool, that's probably best, since if you can improve it so the bdb upgrades in exim can be binNMUed in the future, then it would be beneficial not only for backports, but for future release upgrades as well.
[...]

Hello,
Since exim itself is using bdb only for transient data, we just needed
to detect a db version change and delete the data if it happens.

However a common way to setup with cyrus-imap is to have axim access
cyrus' internal user databases. Which is why we try to keep exim at
the same db version as cyrus, usually.

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'