Re: Re: [Pkg-lyx-devel] Lyx 2.0 backport ?

I used the following steps to install lyx-2.0.2 (from the debian-ized sources in testing):

First, make sure you have the testing repository enabled. To do this, read about setting up a mixed system here
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=15612

Then the following steps got me a working lyx-2.0.2 install

    sudo apt-get build-dep lyx
    sudo apt-get install libmythes-dev devscripts
    mkdir /home/sagar/my_build; cd /home/sagar/my_build
    apt-get -t testing source lyx
    cd lyx-2.0.2
    debchange -b -v 2.0.2-1~smb50+1
    dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc
    cd ../;sudo dpkg -i *.deb

You may want to install the package texlive-xetex in order to be able to use system fonts (non-latex fonts).

Hope this helps someone.

/Sagar