Re: dpkg_1.16.1.1~bpo60+1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> IMHO he told us why we should expect trouble. Don't expect us ftpmasters to
> ever accept a dpkg for bpo (I will write an extended answer in the next days,
> but don't hold your breath on it).

This is ridiculous.

The worst that can happen is that packages built with the new dpkg-dev no
longer support DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt and are built with upstream's
default flags instead of "-O2 -g". There are almost no packages in squeeze
which are using dpkg-buildflags properly so the introduction of hardening
flags has no effect except on the backported packages which are explicitly
using it (and are ready for it).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer