Re: Backport request: smartmontools (squeeze)

> According to [1] they where done by Matt Taggart.  Maybe he missed the
> discussion?

I saw it, but I haven't had a chance to reply.

> Matt, are you interested in maintaining smartmontools backports for
> sqzeeze, too?

Yes, I will.

BTW upstream recently split the drive data out to a file and has an
update-smart-drivedb script that lets you update the local copy of the
drive database (similar to update-pciids/update-usbids).

But that didn't get enabled until 5.40+svn3296-1 so we still need the
backport for squeeze (but also it's nice to have the version of the drivedb
shipped in the package up to date too).

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org