Re: linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-amd64: hibernate doesn't ever resume on Arrandale

On Mon 19 Sep 2011, intrigeri <intrigeri@boum.org> wrote:
> I've seen such resume from hibernation issues on similar hardware.
> Kernel 3.0.0-1 did not fix it, but 3.1.0-rc4 did. YMMV.

Thank you for your reply.

Can you elaborate on whether this is indeed an upstream kernel bug?

Do you know what goes wrong in the suspend image finding or
restoration?  How can one check if this is a presentation of that bug?

Do you know which commit(s) fixed it?  Are they slated to go back into
a mainline 3.0.x maintenance release?

>> resuming.  Please fix the bug that using this kernel on squeeze
>> introduces or disable hibernation completely.

By this, I mean please release a 2.6.38/39 bpo kernel update that has
the broken hibernation turned off for machines on which it does not
work, or backport the bug fix from 3.1-rc, or let me know what I
should attempt to backport if you do not have the means to do so.