Re: What is holding Audacious?

You stated that comments would be welcome, I hope that is true.

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 10:06 +0100, rent0n wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please forgive me if my question is inappropriate, I'm relatively new
> backports.

Yes, it was only last month when you asked about backports on the Debian
forum and then suggested someone was rude for giving you links to the
easily found information rather than digesting and writing it out for
you. I don't mean that to be rude, merely factual.

> So my question is: what is holding Audacious to be backported? Could
> somebody please review and upload the packages? That would be greatly
> appreciated.

The fact that it works in your system is not conclusive data that it
would work in any situation. I realise that you are anxious, to have the
backport but patience will be your friend here. If keyholders are
cautious with their uploads, or busy then it is something to be
tolerated. The integrity of backports repositories is something that
serves us all in the long run.

Also sent to you at your email address.