Re: Libre Office Transitional packages

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:14:25AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> We are working on an announcement, which has a small paragraph about
> that.  Currently it reads as follows:
>
> <h2>Installation of LibreOffice</h2>

> <q>Squeeze</q> may  add
> the following line in their <tt>/etc/apt/sources.list</tt> file:
>
> <pre>
> deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
> </pre>
>
> After adding this, perform an update and install the package
> the
> package management software of your choice (e.g. <tt>apt-get update ;
> apt-get install -t
> squeeze-backports libreoffice</tt>). Previously installed OpenOffice.org
> packages should be uninstalled automatically.
> More information on backports can be found on the <a
> href="http://backports-master.debian.org/";>backports.debian.org
> webpage</a>.
>

> Does that answer your question?  If not, we surely need to tweak that
> paragraph ;)

For me 'apt-get install -t squeeze-backports libreoffice' results in:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
or been moved out of Incoming.

 libreoffice : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:3.3.2-2~bpo60+1) but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-writer but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-calc but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-impress but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-draw but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-math but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-base but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-report-builder-bin but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-filter-mobiledev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libreoffice-java-common (>= 1:3.3.2~) but it is not going to be installed

I traced this to my /etc/apt/apt.conf containing 'APT::Install-Recommends "false";',
but I don't fully understand why that causes this problem.

If this problem cannot be fixed is should be mentioned in the above paragraph.

Regards,
--
Jeroen Schot