Re: How can I configure debian/rules binary to build only : libxml2 and libxml2-dev package ?

On 06/17/2011 09:41 AM, Stéphane Klein wrote:
Hi,

I would like to backport libxml2 2.7.8.dfsg-2+squeeze1 to Debian Lenny.

I've already backported some package in the past, but this package (libxml2) contain also python-lxml :(

This is the list of all package contained in libxml2 debian source package :

* libxml2
* libxml2-utils
* libxml2-dev
* libxml2-dbg
* libxml2-doc
* python-libxml2
* python-libxml2-dbg

I use fakeroot debian/rules binary to build the Debian package.

How can I configure debian/rules binary to build only : libxml2 and libxml2-dev package ?

Thanks for your help,
Stephane
Hi Stéphane.

After looking more accurately on the source package, I think it's not a problem to also backport the pyton-libxml2 packages.

To have a package with more integrity, you need to backport the python-libxml2 packages, because they need libxml2 >= 2.7.4 (in lenny it's 2.6.32).

By the way, if you really want to build only 2 packages, you can remove the other from the debian/control file, and remove the debian/__package-name__.install files (and all files needed for these packages), but I don't think it's a clean way to do this.

Thanks.