Re: How about a db 5.1.25 backport

* Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org> [2011-04-19 09:01:23 CEST]:
> It's true that backporting yet another version of Berkeley DB to
> squeeze (fourth) is not optimal solution since I am trying to cut down
> the number of versions in each stable debian release.

 And that's a valid wish and should be encouraged. One thing comes to
mind: Might it be possible to have some dpkg trigger that could test for
the need of upgrade of the db files? That way it could be make package
independent. I'm not deep into libdb to know wether that's possible,
it's just a thought that came to my mind.

 Thanks for working on this,
Rhonda