Re: Backport latest kernel (2.6.32-5) not working (for me)

> ==========================
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:54:48 +0200
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Patrick_Matth=E4i?= <pmatthaei@debian.org>
> To: backports-users@lists.backports.org
> Subject: Re:
> ==========================
>
> Am 21.07.2010 23:52, schrieb Andres Cimmarusti:
> > The NVIDIA Installer steps
> >         chmod +x NVIDIA*
> >         sh NVIDIA* (don't choose to run nvidia-xconfig)
> >         nvidia-xconfig --add-argb-glx-visuals --allow-glx-with-composite
> > --composite --no-logo --randr-rotation
>
> Please discuss this on debian-user*@l.d.o and give it a subject.

Sorry if I did a breach in netiquette, but, while I do agree steps for installing NVIDIA driver have no place here, I do remind You I posted here because a very basic installation of a standard debian system broke down simply installing the latest kernel from Backports (no other changes).
IMHO this is a Backports bug.
None tried to tackle this to-date.
A workaround was suggested instead.
I have no interest in using the proprietary drivers.
I *do* have interest in using a fairly recent kernel (WiFi card support).

What is the suggested fix?

Thanks in Advance
Mauro

Allegato "<A HREF="https://www.mclink.it/cgi-bin/mail/main.pl/signature.asc?SK=sk127978018971980&r=4c476ea6.0.x13db&arg=att1.2";>signature.asc</A>" (application/pgp-signature)<BR>