Re: Broken update openoffice.org

* Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Rene

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 02:06:16AM +0200, Jens Schüßler wrote:
>
> > I just did s/full-upgrade/safe-upgrade/ in /etc/cron-apt/action.d/3-download
> > and now everything looks fine.
>
> No, this is wrong. The right think would have been not to upgrade until
> i386 is there.

Cron-apt just send a mail at night, I always do the real upgrade with
aptitude by hand, and then only safe-upgrade, except at point releases.
So there's no need for cron-apt to tell me what would happen at
full-upgrade, IMHO.

> Hrm. OK, if this works... I'd not gurantee it, though, I never tested
> the 3.2 arch-indep stuff with the 3.1.1 arch-dep stuff.

The only 3.2 now is java-common. I never needed it's functionality and
use OO half a dozen time per month there should be no greater problem
for me right now.

Regards
Jens

PS: I'm on backports-users, no need to put me in To: