Re: Subversion in backports

Reinhard Tartler wrote, on 17/03/10 17:38:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 18:11:39 (CET), Freddy Spierenburg wrote:

Hi Michael and Reinhard,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 02:36:45PM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
AFAIR backporting subversion was rather straight forward to do.

Rather straight forward was not really the case, but I have
something that works for me.

I had to disable Java-support (javahl), since that brought me
into a dependency hell. The dependency on gcj-jdk needed me to
backport the gcc4.4 compiler too and I didn't want to go there.

perhaps backports.org admin can comment on how to solve that?

dropping javahl support does not seem an option to me, as this would
most likely break the subclipse plugin (subversion support for eclipse).
I'd rather stay on the older version than breaking that, as our site
uses eclipse quite a lot.

subclipse can use svnkit instead. This is preferable for many people as svnkit is pure Java code.

That said, I'm surprised that one can't switch to building against the various gcj packages that ship with Lenny ... or is gcj in Lenny still sufficiently borked compared to sun-java6-jdk that it is a lost cause?

Cheers,
Stu.