Re: Accepted gallery2 2.3.1.dfsg-1~bpo50+1 (source all)

Al Nikolov schrieb am Wednesday, den 03. March 2010:

> Alexander Wirt wrote:
>
> > The question is not the changelog, it is why there was a versioned dep and
> > why do you removed it. I still haven't seen an answer from you.
>
> I have no idea why the maintainer inserted such a strict dependency on
> smarty. My tests shows that the backport works well with smarty from etch,
> thus i'm sure i can ignore it.
You don't have? wonderful answer, it took me 2 minutes to find out that
#556256 was the reason for the versioned dep. This one doesn't seem to apply
to the stable smarty, so it seems it is ok to remove the dep.

> > On the other hand its not about your mind, if the package needs an update
> > you have to do it, if you mind or not. You are the maintainer.
>
> Er, my mind is in what is considered to be minor, user-invisible changes
> which musn't be uploaded according to the basic backports.org rules. I
> guess clarifyng my own changelog entry is pretty unimportant to users but i
> asked for an advise.
It is indeed in this case, this was just a more general hint. It isn't worth
it.

Alex