Re: Accepted gallery2 2.3.1.dfsg-1~bpo50+1 (source all)

Alexander Wirt wrote:

> The question is not the changelog, it is why there was a versioned dep and
> why do you removed it. I still haven't seen an answer from you.

I have no idea why the maintainer inserted such a strict dependency on
smarty. My tests shows that the backport works well with smarty from etch,
thus i'm sure i can ignore it.

> On the other hand its not about your mind, if the package needs an update
> you have to do it, if you mind or not. You are the maintainer.

Er, my mind is in what is considered to be minor, user-invisible changes
which musn't be uploaded according to the basic backports.org rules. I
guess clarifyng my own changelog entry is pretty unimportant to users but i
asked for an advise.