Re: backport for clive for lenny (Re: Accepted clive 2.2.13-3~bpo50+1 (source all)

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 02:02:11PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

Hi Holger,

> as you can see from 606540, clive doesnt work anymore with youtube and I
> wonder if you'll be working on getting a fixed version on backports.org
> again.

I know, as a good citizen I'm subscribed via the PTS. ;)
If a fixed version reaches testing (or at least a patch we can apply arises
somewhere) I'm of course willing to get this uploaded to lenny-backports. But
I've to admit that I'm currently busy with some writing I've to hand in around
christmas. :( So I wouldn't mind if someone else would like to work on it.

> I've tried to create a backport from the version in experimental (which I hope
> fixes #606540..) but building failed with perl version in lenny. 2.2.17-1
> raised the depends to one newer version without stating why...

Hm ok but it won't help. 2.2.17 is currently broken in the same regard.

Cheers,
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.