Re: [backport request] haproxy updated version 1.4

Hi Michiel,

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 10:32:53 Jan Wagner wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 September 2010 10:25:32 Michiel Klaver wrote:
> > Please backport the current haproxy version to the stable Debian tree.
>
> it is available at
> http://ftp.cyconet.org/debian/archive/bpo/haproxy/1.4.8-1~bpo50+1/ since 4
> weeks.

this shouldn't mean, that you had to know before I mentioned that it's there.
It was just a pointer to the location and that I started the process to get it
into bpo, but got stuck on it as described below.

> > the 1.4 version branch has been announced stable for some months now and
> > has lots of improvements and new functions.
>
> As you said, new functions. I had no resources to verify the packages to
> roll it out to productive systems, so I didn't uploaded the packages yet.
> If there is any positive feedback, I'll upload them.
>
> > Sources for sid can be build without any problems or patches into lenny
> > http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/h/haproxy/
>
> Maybe you have noticed, we just accepting packages from testing into bpo.

Indeed, actually the versions of haproxy are the same in testing and unstable.
Just a reminder, that the policy denies backporting from unstable.

Anyhow, it would be really great, if you can test the package in a more
productive environment. I can do some basic checks, but I'm unable to verify
some deeper checks actually.

Thanks and cheers, Jan.
--
Never write mail to <waja@spamfalle.info>, you have been warned!