Re: Backport of perlprimer.

* Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> [2010-04-05 03:33:45 CEST]:
> I have read the description of volatile; I do not think that the users
> of PerlPrimer would look for it there, since it is not a ‘fast moving
> targets’ by design, as virus and spam filters are.

 tzdata is neither, nor is whois, and both found their way into
volatile (amongst others). That part is just an example, not the only
rule that applies. It sounds very much similar to what tzdata or
bcm43xx-fwcutter could offer.

> Also, I would like to distribute the whole 1.19 version, not the
> backport of the URL API fixes of 1.19 to 1.14 (although the
> differences are mostly this), which is what I should do if I used
> volatile.d.o instead of backports.org

 Erm, no. That would be what you should do if you used regular Debian
pool. If you can backport just the URL API fix that would be something
that the release team would accept for a stable release update, most
probably.

 Have fun,
Rhonda