Re: Backport of perlprimer.

Le Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 08:33:05AM +0100, Alexander Wirt a écrit :
> Charles Plessy schrieb am Saturday, den 27. March 2010:
>
> Hi,
> > I have uploaded a backport of the perlprimer package to the backports.org NEW
> > queue. PerlPrimer's main functionality is to assist researchers in designing
> > some molecular biology experiments, and as a side functionality it can retreive
> > data from a public repository (“Ensembl”). This repository changes its URL API
> > from time to time. Therefore, the perlprimer package in Lenny can not connect
> > anymore. The most straightforward solution is to provide a backport of the
> > current version in Unstable, since there has been no other significant change
> > usptream apart from URL API corrections.
> This sound more like a case for volatile, but anyhow unstable is wrong. We
> don't accept packages from unstable (except for some rare exceptions).

Hi Alexander,

the package migrated to Squeeze now.

I have read the description of volatile; I do not think that the users of
PerlPrimer would look for it there, since it is not a ‘fast moving targets’ by
design, as virus and spam filters are. Also, I would like to distribute the
whole 1.19 version, not the backport of the URL API fixes of 1.19 to 1.14
(although the differences are mostly this), which is what I should do if I used
volatile.d.o instead of backports.org

I have re-uploaded to the backports.org NEW queue.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team