Re: How can I report about bugs in backports-packages?

	Hi!

* W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> [2010-02-22 08:52:03 CET]:
> Shouldn't backports be a first class citizen of Debian, en par
> with experimental, and use the one and only Debian BTS? But
> probably this has been discussed at long and I'm showing my
> eightiness here.

 It should, but the BTS doesn't know about the backports versions and
thus version tracking wouldn't work there. Additionally, the backporters
often aren't the same like the usual package maintainers and thus might
get annyoed with bugreports they don't care about.

 The later might be something that the backporter should track and be a
communication channel between the backporter and the regular package
maintainer, but the former is a real showstopper here.

 I guess the BTS team won't object to work to fix that, but that would
IMHO also require to keep all older backports changelog entries for
newer backports so that version tracking actually could work with the
single changelog it can extract from the current pool. This would mean
changed backporting workflow that would be binding for all backporters.

 Just some thoughts. :)
Rhonda