Re: estimate on difficulty on backporting octave3.2

Le 11/02/2010 à 18:20, Carsten Aulbert a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> within our collaboration there have been quite a number of request for
> octave3.2 to be put onto our clusters (with Centos 5.3 and Lenny being our
> reference platforms).
>
> Anyone from the crowd here who can help us just to estimate just how difficult
> such a backport (including some/many octave-* packages). Would this be an
> enormous undertaking or something which is "just" a lot of work but straight
> forward?
>
> Disclaimer: This is not an official request for a backport,

Disclaimer this is not an official answer :-) just my experience:

I did not rebuild octave 3.2, but some times before 3.1.55 (? not sure)
It was straightforward, no problems at all.

my 2 cents.
Alain.

PS: my "make_backport.txt" documentation :

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=plplot

[2]
    dget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/plplot/plplot_5.9.2-1.dsc
    apt-get build-dep plplot
    cd plplot-5.9.2
    debuild -us -uc
    sudo debi

[3]
  Generate a 'Packages' file :
dpkg-scanpackages /directory/where/are/the/all_files.deb > Packages

[4]
 Adding a local repository in /etc/apt/sources.list
deb file:///path/to/directory_containing_thefile_named-Packages /