estimate on difficulty on backporting octave3.2

Hi all,

within our collaboration there have been quite a number of request for
octave3.2 to be put onto our clusters (with Centos 5.3 and Lenny being our
reference platforms).

Anyone from the crowd here who can help us just to estimate just how difficult
such a backport (including some/many octave-* packages). Would this be an
enormous undertaking or something which is "just" a lot of work but straight
forward?

Disclaimer: This is not an official request for a backport, just for
information so far. I think if our collaboration requests this we will try to
shoulder this effort and might request help from here (to get it right) and
would be happy to share the results.

Cheers

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany