Re: Any plan to accept Dpkg v3 source formats in backports.debian.org? (And pre-upload enquiry).

Charles Plessy schrieb am Monday, den 23. November 2009:

Hi,

> I just realised that it is not possible to upload backports in the source v3
> format. Is there any plan to open this possibility in this release cycle?
Not since we also support etch. Also this would need several dak and buildd
updates so don't expect that soon.

> I have another question… The package I tried to upload is ‘bwa’, which has a
> popcon score of less than ten, but of course a bright future :) It seems to
> contradict directly your rule ‘Please only upload package with a noteable
> userbase’. My purpose in this upload is to offer backports from a highly
> trustable environment, in order to help the creation of ‘cloud’ images based
> on Lenny but with the latest software in my speciality. Would such packages
> be accepted ? (I am their maintainer in Debian).
Even after reading the description I don't have a clue what to do with that
application :). But go ahead.

Alex