Any plan to accept Dpkg v3 source formats in backports.debian.org? (And pre-upload enquiry).

Dear b.p.o admins,

I just realised that it is not possible to upload backports in the source v3
format. Is there any plan to open this possibility in this release cycle?

I have another question… The package I tried to upload is ‘bwa’, which has a
popcon score of less than ten, but of course a bright future :) It seems to
contradict directly your rule ‘Please only upload package with a noteable
userbase’. My purpose in this upload is to offer backports from a highly
trustable environment, in order to help the creation of ‘cloud’ images based
on Lenny but with the latest software in my speciality. Would such packages
be accepted ? (I am their maintainer in Debian).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,