Re: mono-runtime 2.4 for Lenny PowerPC?

	Hi there! :)

* Tony Nelson <tonynelson@georgeanelson.com> [2009-11-11 20:52:33 CET]:
> I'm using Lenny PowerPC on an oldworld beige Mac G3 266 MHz 416 MiB.  I
> want to try yWriter 5, a .Net (VB 2008) app that requires Mono 2.4, but
> I'm not quite ready to jump to Testing (Squeeze).  I see that Mono 2.4
> is backported to Stable (Lenny) for other archs, but not PowerPC.
>
> Is this just an omission, or were there issues with the PowerPC
> backport?  If I just need to build it myself (without extra patching) I
> suppose I could do it, but I'd have to practice a bit first.

 From the FAQ[1]:

Q: When will the $arch build of $package be available?

A: The packages are only uploaded by the backporter for their own
architecture. The rest of the architectures have to go through the build
network and the logs getting signed by the buildd admins. Those are
often enough also busy with other work (or if time permits real life),
which might also add to a delay in the uploads. You can check the status
on the "Buildd Information Page"[2] of the used buildd network, just
enter your $package and don’t forget to select the lenny-bpo suite from
the dropdown list.

[1] <http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faq>
[2] <http://experimental.ftbfs.de/new/>

 According to the Buildd status it seems that there piled up quite a
backlog for powerpc:
<http://experimental.ftbfs.de/new/architecture.php?suite=lenny-bpo&a=powerpc>
Makes it look like the system is down for good. :/

 I can offer you to do a porter upload of the package, am on powerpc
myself, it might take me a few days though, am usually pretty busy with
stuff.

 Thanks for bringing up the issue!
Rhonda