Re: empathy backports

* Andres Salomon <dilinger@collabora.co.uk> [2009-11-03 20:19:20 CET]:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:24:32 +0100
> Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:
> > And I'm not sure if I will accept them. There are too many more or
> > less critical libs inside. Maybe I have time to test them all at the
> > weekend.
>
> If bpo has a policy of not accepting certain packages, it would be
> good to have that policy published on the backports.org webpage so
> that contributors don't waste their time backporting stuff that's
> never to be accepted.

 Actually, I'm neither really convinced wether dropping 23 new
packages[1] really is needed, especially when amongst them is stuff like
glib and dbus and a whole bunch of gstreamer. Did you try wether the
versions available in stable actually would be working and you just
would need to reduce the Build-Depends? Did you try to keep it to a
minimal impact? I'm not really sure about that, to be honest...

[1] w3m http://lunge.mit.edu/~dilinger/bpo/empathy/|grep changes|wc -l

 Thanks,
Rhonda