Re: mercurial backport failed to build - quilt backport required?

Vincent Danjean schrieb am Tuesday, den 11. August 2009:

> Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > 	Hi!
> >
> > * Chris Butler <chrisb@debian.org> [2009-08-10 13:36:31 CEST]:
> >> I just tried to install the mercurial 1.3.1 backport on a lenny/i386 system,
> >> and got slightly confused when the package wasn't found (since I'd just
> >> installed it on amd64).. Turns out that only the amd64 package is available.
> >>
> >> According to the buildd log[0], the automated builds failed due to the required
> >> version of quilt not being available:
> >>
> >>     After installing, the following source dependencies are still unsatisfied:
> >>     quilt(inst 0.46-6 ! >= wanted 0.46-7)
> >
> >  Vincent, do you plan to backport quilt, or can you please revert your
> > change with respect to "dh --with quilt" to work with the build
> > environment in lenny? Makes me wonder how you managed to build and
> > upload the package for amd64, unless you haven't used a lenny system for
> > that?
>
> Inverting the "dh --with quilt" seems too invasive for me. I was planning
> to backport quilt before mercurial but it contradict the backports rules :
> quilt from testing is installable without any rebuild on lenny.
>   To build my backport for lenny, I used a chroot where I manually installed
> quilt from testing (and quilt dependencies from plain lenny).
I'm sorry but this is total bullshit. We had quilt backports and we will have
quilt backports if requested as build dependency. Please don't do uploads to
bpo if you build them this way. The only rule that ever applies is: talk to
me if you have questions.

Thanks
Alex